When my studio was robbed a couple of weeks ago, I didn’t realize at first that anything more than my stereo was missing. That was bad enough, since it was almost brand new. But when I was able to spend more time in there a couple of days later, I realized that a lot more was taken. It’s not like I have an inventory of everything that’s in there, so really only blatantly obvious things would come to my attention.
Well, when I sat down to try to do some crafting, I realized that several of my jars of buttons and flowers that I’d created to store these craft supplies were also missing (among other things). Several mason jars of flowers and old-fashioned jars of buttons too. They seem so insignificant, but it was really very upsetting to discover them missing, after spending so much time (not to mention the money to buy those supplies) separating the flowers and buttons by color and putting them in their own fun-looking jars.
So anyway, I’m short on buttons and flowers now, because in total they took a LOT of supplies that I use very often when I’m creating. And I’m also short on jars. So I decided to make one new one today from a jar I happened to have on hand.
None of my missing jars were decorated (which makes it even more puzzling why the thief would take them), but I thought I’d do at least one that is. So I cut out a strip of burlap and sprayed the back of it with adhesive. Then I wrapped it snug around the jar. Then I took three craft flowers and assembled them with a brad and added them on top of the burlap. And then I just dropped in the one lone tube of new flowers I’ve bought (so far) to start to replace what was stolen.
I like the way this looks. Just a fun little way to jazz up a plain glass jar. And the vintage-looking zinc lid is nice too. All of my missing flower jars had lids like these, but they were plain square mason jars. Not valuable really…to anyone but me. They’ll eventually get replaced…one jar at a time.